A short summary of MY project
Volunteer Zambia is a programme run by the Wallace Group, which operates through a
collaboration between eight UK universities (including St Andrews). It uses sport as a tool to
engage, educate and empower young people both in Zambia, around Lusaka, and the UK
and enables them to learn key skills such as teamwork and communication while focusing
on the enjoyment which sport can bring to the lives of young people.
Who Am I ?
I am Augustus, I grew up in London, moved to the Wirral in high-school and currently study International Relations and Philosophy at the University of St Andrews. I have a great interest in politics and global affairs and hope to pursue this in the future. I would describe myself as bubbly, talkative and energetic, always willing to help people where I can to make a difference. I have a love for sports, having previously played rugby consistently and I having always been an avid runner. The aims of this project therefore resonate with me personally as I believe sports and access to sports can be life changing, providing a whole range of endless opportunities. For myself sports, such as running provides an escape to allow me to relax and reflect, whilst rugby provided me time to socialise and meet new friends whom also shared the same love as myself for the sport. These are experiences I would love every child to have access too, and this is why this project is so important to me. I would be so grateful for your help to make it happen.
Where will the money go?:
- Covering the cost of travel, vaccinations, accommodation (and if I meet that target).
- Supporting with in country costs and areas of greatest need relating to the programme.
- I will also be giving out some rewards to thank people who are donating so please check them out!
Help ME succeed!
- You don't need to give money to help me succeed!
- Please share this project with anyone you think would support me – on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, by email, telephone, in a chat over the fence or on your blog. Please don’t forget to sign up as a Helper or Follower.
- In fact, share it with everyone you know - it's a great idea, and the more people who know about it, the more likely I am to achieve my goal. And I know I said you don't need to give money to help, but I'd love it if you did! Please sponsor me and help make this happen. I am so excited to be taking part in this wonderful project. Thank you!