UPDATE - Thanks to you, 3 Full and 3 partial Bursaries awarded!!
The support and the need for bursaries turned out to be so much higher than we thought. Thank you so much to those who pledged! Because of your generous support, we were able to reach our goal for 2021-22 year. We have a new goal for the next academic year - please check out our Continuing Story on the new SaintsFunder page! Thank you.
Who are we?
We are the Blue Angels, the University of St Andrews Dance Club's competitive and athletic team. We:
- have a passion for dance and choreography
- have eight teams across five different styles including ballet, contemporary and jazz
- compete at competitions across the UK
- spread the joy of dancing by holding classes for our recreational Dance Club (over 300 members)
- volunteer in the local community
- perform in two annual showcases and other University events.
What are we trying to do?
We want to raise funds to create the Blue Angels Bursary - a new initiative to widen access to our team.
Our membership fees are higher than the recreational Dance Club because we are competitive and need to cover the costs of entry fee, uniforms, and travel. We recognise that this acts as a barrier for some passionate, talented dancers and choreographers within our community.
The bursary application and approval process will be administered confidentially by Registry and Student Services: Blue Angels will not be involved at all.
why are we doing it?
We are passionate about dance and want to give everyone the opportunity to be able to experience the joy it brings - regardless of financial circumstances.
How can you help?
Please help us to achieve our vision of creating the Blue Angels Bursary by donating today!
- Donate any amount - every little counts (£85 funds about half the membership fee)
- Spread the word about our project and share the link!
- Sign up as a follower to receive updates or as a helper to tell people about our goal.
Meet the team
"Being on the Blue Angels has been such a huge part of my university experience, and my time in St Andrews would have been so different without it. I feel very lucky to have found such an incredible support system and such amazing friends within the team, and I feel I have developed so much as a person because of the opportunities and experiences that it has given me. Through choreographing, volunteering and travelling, I have developed confidence in myself and made memories that I will cherish for a very long time - I wish more than anything that I could do it all again."
Find us here:
Facebook: University of St Andrews Dance Club
Tik Tok: @ustadanceclub
Photo and video credit: University of St Andrews Dance Club