VOLUNTEER ZAMBIA PROJECTVolunteer Zambia is a programme run by the Wallace Group, which operates through a collaboration between eight UK universities (including St Andrews). It uses sport as a tool to engage, educate and empower young people both in Zambia, around Lusaka, and the UK and enables them to learn key skills such as teamwork and communication while focusing on the enjoyment which sport can bring to the lives of young people.
Along with other volunteers from St Andrews, I am going to Zambia for six weeks this summer to mentor peer leaders in netball coaching. By doing so, I hope to be able to support them to:
- improve their leadership and coaching skills
- develop their skills so they can run, and expand the programme themselves
- work with them to provide a sustainable programme for the future.
How will i raise the funds?
- in May I’ll be running the Edinburgh Marathon
- between now and summer, I'll be working with the rest of the volunteers to raise funds through some team events.
- any donations would be greatly appreciated!
WHERE WILL THE MONEY GO
Funds will go to:
- cover travel costs to Lusaka and subsistence costs while I’m living there (and if I meet that target)
- raise further funds for the equipment required to run the sessions.
PLEASE HELP ME SUCCEED!
If you can't donate, there are other ways to help:
- spread the word about the fundraiser and sign up as a Follower or Helper
- come to any of our fundraising events!
- follow the updates from Zambia on Facebook!
And I know I said you don't need to give money to help me, but I'd love it if you did. It would help me immensely in reaching my goal. Please sponsor me and help make this happen.
(All donations received over and above my minimum target will be held securely for the sole purpose of Volunteer Zambia initiatives - now or in the future.)