what is Volunteer Zambia?
Volunteer Zambia is an international sport programme run by the Wallace Group– a collaboration between leading UK ‘sport’ universities. The programme works with the leading Zambian sports NGO- Sport in Action- to use sport to engage, educate and empower young people in Zambia and the UK.
Who Am i?
My name is Daisy, I am a final year student at the University of St Andrews, studying Psychology and Sustainable Development. I'm a member of the University's Netball Club, where I am the first team captain and head coach for the third and fourth teams. In Zambia, I will be taking on the role of Netball Development Officer, where I am excited to share my knowledge of and love for the sport!
Along with a team of students representing the Wallace Group, I am raising money to support my travel to Zambia to collaborate with their coaches to improve and deliver a netball programme to children of all ages. The programme has been running for several years, with strong relationships being established between in-country coaches, communities, and sports teams. Each summer, students travelling to Zambia aim to strengthen these connections, gaining valuable insights from the programme and the people involved, whilst also being dedicated to promoting and enhancing various aspects of sports for the children and local communities!
I'm extremely passionate about developing the sport that has played such a huge part in not only my university career but the past 10+ years of my life. Donating to my fundraiser would provide me with the opportunity to share my passion and knowledge whilst developing my own skillset after I graduate.
Where will the money go?
- Covering the cost of transport, accommodation and vaccines.
- Any additional funds raised will go towards supporting in country costs and areas of greatest need relating to the programme.
Please note: all payments will be processed at the time of donating. This means that you will be charged immediately upon making your donation. In the event that a project does not reach its specified target, rest assured that your donation will be directed towards the area of greatest need related to the overall programme. This approach allows us to maximise the impact of your support and ensures that your contribution continues to make a meaningful difference. If you have any questions or concerns about this update, please do not hesitate to contact us at email@example.com
- I will be running events both in St Andrews and at home, including bake sales, quiz nights and fun netball related challenges!
- I will also be handing out some rewards for those who support me and to thank those who donate!
Help mE succeed!
- You don't need to give money to help me succeed!
- Please share this project with anyone you think would support me- via Instagram, Facebook, LinkedIn, text messages, etc.
- In fact, share it with as many people as possible, the more people who know about my project and fundraiser, the more likely I am to reach my goal!
- Please sponsor me and help make this happen. I am super excited to be part of such an incredible project!
Saints Sport, International Volunteering video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t2Y1q8YSpMY