Volunteer South Africa
Volunteer South Africa is an international volunteering programme run in partnership with the University of St Andrews, Stellenbosch University and the Stellenbosch Academy of Sport.
I am raising £1,600 to coach and deliver football lessons for five weeks to children in a local primary school in Stellenbosch, South Africa. By supporting me, you are giving them access to a potentially life-changing experience and to myself.
I was born in Cape Town – a short distance from Stellenbosch – and I am now a first year Geography and Sustainable Development student here in St Andrews. I have been involved in football since a young age, both playing competitively and as a referee. I currently play for the University’s Men's 3s football team.
Sport – and especially football – has always played a big part in my life. It has taught me invaluable lessons and has helped to make me who I am today. Sport is an amazing way to bring people of all backgrounds together to have fun and be healthy.
Where will the money go?
If – with your help – I hit my target, the money will go to:
- cover flights, coaching courses, and accommodation (and if I meet that target)
- raise further funds for the equipment and other costs that will help the sessions
- Many thanks for donating! Every donation will be met with a small thank you!
Follow the trip on Facebook or Instagram (@aylward.nol) as I post regular updates!
please Help me to succeed!
If you can't donate, there are other ways to help:
- Spread the word about the fundraiser and sign up as a Follower or Helper
- Come to any of our fundraising events!
- Follow the updates from South Africa!
- And I know I said you don't need to give money to help me, but I'd love it if you did. It would help me immensely in reaching my goal. Please sponsor me and help make this happen.
(All donations received over and above my minimum target will be held securely for the sole purpose of Volunteer South Africa initiatives – now or in the future.)