who are we?
We are the Principal Team - students who are appointed to manage the University of St Andrews Student Ambassador Scheme. Our aim is to motivate and inspire school leavers to consider applying to study at St Andrews.
What are we doing?
The Principal Ambassador team normally raises money every year for the Ambassador Scholarship Fund, but we have been unable to do this during the past two years because of the pandemic.
We are now raring to get out there to make up for lost time and raise as many donations as possible by summiting Ben Nevis – the UK’s tallest mountain – in May 2022.
UPDATE - We have rescheduled to climb Ben Nevis on 4th September. The wind speeds in May meant the climb was ill-advised. We are very much looking forward to our climb in September!
why are we doing it?
It's really simple, we believe all students deserve to get the most out of university - regardless of their background.
We want to raise £2,000 to help them achieve this.
Where will the money go?
- The money will go towards The Ambassador Scholarship Fund
- These will be awarded to students meeting the core financial needs and criteria and will help them to cover some of the costs of their studies
- The recipients will receive a red gown and will be paid Ambassadors from Year 1
- The amount we can award will depend upon the donations we receive, so the more you give the more we can help.
Help us succeed!
- You don't need to give money to help us succeed! Please share this project with anyone you think would support us – on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, LinkedIn, by email, in a chat over the fence.
- Don't forget to sign up as a Helper or Follower
- And we know we said you don't need to give money to help, but we'd absolutely love it if you did! Every little helps.
Find us here
(All donations received will be held securely for the sole purpose of the Ambassador Scholarship Fund which is managed and distributed by Registry. All Scholarship recipients are anonymous).