The younger hall - Seat Plaque inscription
Thank you for your interest in making a gift for a Younger Hall seat plaque. It is one of the most iconic University buildings, where countless students have sat exams here, performed in concerts, danced on its famous sprung floor and crossed its stage to become fully-fledged alumni. As part of its refurbishment, the fixed seats in the upper and lower sections of the Younger Hall will feature inscribed brass-coloured metal seat plaques on the back of the chair.
If you would like a seat plaque inscription in the refurbished Younger Hall,
- please refer to the Terms and Conditions below before making a donation
- please make a donation of £500 (per one seat plaque)
- please provide the inscription in the Leave a Comment box after making the donation in one of the styles listed below. The box will appear on the Thank You confirmation page. Please be advised that your inscription preference will be visible in the comment section of this page when writing in the 'Leave a Comment' box. If you'd prefer for your inscription not to be public, please email it to us at firstname.lastname@example.org following the style guide below.
(Architect impression of completed internal refurbishment)
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Allocation will be managed by the Development Office. It is not possible to select a location, however every effort will be taken to manage group donations when requested at point of gift
- A confirmation email will be sent following the successful receipt of your donation and inscription. In the unlikely event of over-subscription, you will be contacted and a refund will be arranged
- Seat plaques will be installed in batches at certain times during the year. Please contact email@example.com to confirm the next plaque installation date.
- The University reserves the right to reject any inscription that do not conform to house style
- Unfortunately, we are not able to accept inscriptions with future graduation dates. If you wish to secure a plaque with a future graduation date this is possible, but the plaque will not be installed until after the graduation date.
- Please note that the spelling used on plaques will be 'UK' English to reflect the location of the project.
- Individual plaque will read: John L Smith OBE 2020
- Joint plaque will read: John L Smith OBE 2020 & Mary K Matthews 2021
- Family plaque will read: The Smith Family 1989, 2020,2021
- In memory of plaque will read: In memory of John L Smith OBE 2020 or Mary K Matthews 1962-2022
- In honour of plaque will read: In honour of John L Smith OBE 2020
- Surname while studying will read: Mary K Matthews (Smith) 2021
- Plaques can feature the names of graduates or non-graduate friends of the University
- Graduate inscriptions may include their graduation year and (if applicable) their surname while studying at St Andrews, which will appear in brackets in italics. Please note future graduation dates will not be accepted.
- Non-graduate inscriptions may feature names only, or in the case of deceased individuals, their lifetime dates.
- If you have a query regarding a seat plaque inscription please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for becoming part of the legacy of one of the University's most iconic buildings!